Saturday 9 May 2009

Towel Day 2009 DNA Tribute 8

Well as it has been 8 years almost since Douglas Adams died. This is a fitting place to leave the last tribute to him on my blog. I hope regular readers will have enjoyed some writing by me in a different style, on different subjects. So where does that leave us.

Douglas was proud that he was born in Cambridge in 1952 and joked that there were more than one important DNA discovery to come out of that university city that year. My favourite Douglas Adams, indeed one of my all time favourite quotes is this.

"I like deadlines.

"I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

For the ultimate procrastinator to have inspired a blogger, an instant commentator to write he would be turning in his bath at the irony. However, he'd also be going your play is eight years in the making and your novel ten so maybe there is a bit of me in you after all.

However, there is but one more thing to do. If you will raise your Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, or a less lethal alcoholic beverage of your choice.

To absent friends.
So long.
And thanks for all the fish.
Demon Drawer 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment