Sunday 24 May 2009

Problem with the SNP's Trump Card

I read this morning that the SNP are to use school closures in Glasgow as their 'trump' card to attempt to win the Glasgow North East seat of the outgoing speaker Michael Martin.

As pointed out by Labour the Lib Dem/SNP coalition councils in Aberdeen and Edinburgh are also being forced to closed schools. Not because they want to but because of the shackles that have been imposed by the concordat laid down from the SNP government. Therefore in bridge playing terms if that is the SNPs trump I think it has just been doubled.

Of course the SNP other Trump card may just be to bring in their good friend Donald in and get him to promise to build new schools. In the run up to the election which will never actually take place but he owes them a favour.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd have to redouble that Stephen. Couldn't just pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    I'm rather impressed that my readership contains someone au fait enough to make that comment as a reposte.

    ReplyDelete