Thursday 21 May 2009

Saving Blogger Ryan

Ryan Cullen's appeal last night on behalf of of Lib Dem Blogs has so far been a resounding sucess. He writes this morning:

"In the last 12 hours I have already received 29 donation and three requests for my details to send a cheque (payable to Ryan Cullen, posted to 27 Gibbeson Street, Lincoln, LN5 8JP).I have now received enough money to pay the upfront costs to host LibDemBlogs for a year and am waiting for the new server to be configured.

Once this is done I can start the process of transferring all the files from the old machine to the new one. I hope to get most of this done over the bank holiday weekend.The last step will be waiting for the DNS servers to update across the internet pointing everyone to the new site.

For the time being I will be making manual updates to LibDemBlogs through
out the day.

Ryan

ps, I still need more donations to continue paying for the rest of the years hosting.


Please note his PS folks if you have only just woken up to the news. Help chip in to the running costs.

Ryan I mean this in all seriousness, my cheque is in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment