Monday 9 February 2009

A Now a BAFTA Completely Different

They've finally put the Phyton's into an institution.

Well all right then only one.

Yeah, yeah the one who did all the artwork.

Last night Terry Gilliam was awarded the Fellowhip of the Academy at the BAFTA awards.

He did the customary thanks to his family in a typically different way

"I'm amazed to be humbled by a piece of metal. I'm worried that Bafta will take it away when they realise I'm not who they think I am. Maggie, Holly, Amy and Harry, thank you for letting me make your life a living hell when I'm working. And even worse when I'm not."


Gilliam paid tribute to the the late Heath Ledger who'd won best supporting actor, whom he directed in his last film just before his death, in his acceptance speech

"It would have been nice if Heath had won more awards when he was alive. Heath was a genius, I think there was nothing he could not do.

"We hadn't seen anything from him yet."

And he ended by saying too often the little people are overlooked before extracting a long list of paper from his jacket. But fortunately he only rattled off the name of the Time Bandit's actors from the film of the same name, and thank them for making him feel big.

And now for something completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment