Thursday 26 February 2009

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue; The Return

When Humphrey Lyttelton died last year a little bit of Radio seemed to go with him, for 'Humph' was the host of Radio 4 anecdote to panel games I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue. The show had survived the sad passing of Willie Rushton who along with Graeme Garden, Barry Took and Tim Brooke-Taylor had led us on a merry chase from Mornington Crescent to Cheddar Gorge and to balls too numerous to mention. Whereas Just a Minute who although gradually losing their A-team four (Clement Freud and the late Peter Jones, Derek Nimmo and Kenneth Williams) had always had guest panellists the gang of five had always existed on ISIHAC.

However ISIHAC may be an anecdote to panel games is to take a leaf out of post Angus Deyton Have I Got News for You, as have others, and is to have a rotating chair of Stephen Fry, Jack Dee and Rob Brydon when it makes a return to the airwaves.

We just hope Samantha isn't too put out my the new hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment