Before the first day of the New Year is out I'd better get around to making my 9 predictions of 2009.
1. There will be a General Election. I expect it around April and not being held of to the same time as the Euro elections in June. Because I don't think Gordon is convinced holding off once polls appear to be in favour too long will do any good..
...for the party, bugger the country.
2. Liverpool will hold on to win the Premier League for the first time.
3. The Nats will start to drop in the polls as Scottish notice that more and more of their promises are not being met, and blame is shifted to London for things even Holyrood has full control over.
4. The next Doctor Who will be a black actor.
5. Andy Murray will win the US Open.
6. We'll still be struggling to get out of this recession at the end of the year. Opposition parties will still be screaming at the government to take action that helps the people rather than helping big business, especially the banks which got us here in the first place.
7. Heath Ledger will be nominated and win posthumously the Best Actor Oscar for his performance in the Dark Knight.
8. Barack Obama will lift the US embargo on trade with Cuba. The Govenator of California will celebrate by restocking his humidor with fine Habanas.
9. There will a major breakdown in the Internet which will lead to a major blackout of communications that will last for a considerable period and be widespread.
Well we'll see in 12 months how I've done.