Thursday 1 October 2009

Year of the Nearly Blog Month Alpha

As you can tell from my stats I am the nearly blog of Political Blogging. Having come 11th in both the Lib Dem and Scottish lists in the Total Politics Guide and 101st overall. How can one blog come so close, so often, so what does a nearly blog do? I noticed that Iain Dale cried out for all of us to use our google analytics to report back on each month. So I've decided to start keeping track.

Last month I had 2,380 absolute unique visitors up from 1,479 in August. They made 3,495 visits and 4,126 page views. So a 63% boost for the nearly blog's confidence. My busiest day was the 7th September when Lib Dem Voice, Iain Dale and Yahoo News all picked up my top story.

My top 11* referring sites were (not counting direct hits so 2-12):
  • 1. (10) Google
  • 2. (1) Lib Dem Blogs
  • 3. (3) Twitter
  • 4. (5) SNP Tactical Voting
  • 5. (6) Lib Dem Voice
  • 6. (-) news.yahoo.com
  • 7. (2) Iain Dale
  • 8. (7) Malc in the Burgh
  • 9. (-) Tory Bear
  • 10. (4) Scottish Unionist
  • 11. (16) britishblogs.co.uk
The 11 stories that you've been reading most (by direct page views) are:
Where did you all come from? Here's the top countries from the 70 that visited this month, up from 40 in August.
  • 1. (1) United Kingdom
  • 2. (2) USA
  • 3. (3) Belgium
  • 4. (4) Canada
  • 5. (6=) France
  • 6. (8) Australia
  • 7. (5) Ireland
  • 8. (13) Germany
  • 9. (-)India
  • 10. (23) Philipines
  • 11= (9) Sweden
  • 11= (6=) Italy
As I'm also currently doing quarterly stats for work don't be surprised if later in the day I publish how I did in the third quarter of 2009 as well.

* Hey I'm going to be using 11 a lot this year get used to it.

1 comment: