Wednesday 27 July 2005

Apply here to Become an MP. Not!

I've been catching up on the blogs I've missed over the last few days. Almost all of them mention this article about Simon Hughes' plans for the party. Most round on his comment that we should apply for Parliamentary Candidates through the press.

Having recently gone through my development day to become an approved candidate for the party nationwide (I was only licenced for the recent General Election) I would like to say this is one idea I will be voting against at the conference in Blackpool or whenever it comes before us. To increase the spectrum of candidates we don't advertise for them we need to reach into those communities for members then encourage, train and motivate them to become candidates.

We already have some very able candidates from all sorts of minorities. Groups within the party EMLD, DELGA and GBTF along with the PCA and ALDC are doing what they can to encourage more. Those minorities includes three Bangorians, that is North Down not North Wales, one of the others I happened to back for the role of President.

No comments:

Post a Comment