Wednesday 17 March 2010

Jeff's Crystal Ball Not all Wonky

No Jeff has been worried that his crystal ball has been a bit wonky of late. Well I thin that on this St Patrick's night this Irishman will be able to partly put his mind to rest.

Almost 18 months ago, conveniently on my birthday so I could remember the date, he blogged:

"Stephen Glenn is expected to stand in Linlithgow and Falkirk East for the Liberal Democrats. A very tough contest indeed for the genial Ulsterman."
My response to him at the time was:

"But I'm expected to stand then am I? You know the result of the selection process before I do, do you? ;)"


Because until tonight the good Liberal Democrat party in West Lothian hadn't selected their candidates for the General Election. However, they did prove Jeff right in deciding that there wasn't "a Lib Dem better credentialed than [my] good self" in given me another turn as the candidate for Linlithgow and East Falkirk. Jeff wasn't alone both Michael Connarty and Tam Smith have asked me am I the candidate, I've had to say only that my name would be in the hat before tonight.

The West Lothian have also kept up the continuity from 2005 by selection Fauldhouse's own Charles Dundas once again as the candidate for Livingston.

You may notice one or two changes around the blog to indicate this event, one of which much as a regret doing is putting comments unto pre-moderation. The main reason for this is that I cannot be always available to check comments that go up. In light of recent events on other blogs this an action I feel I have no alternative with my current position but to face. I apologise for the inconvenience.

5 comments:

  1. Not the Messiah18 March 2010 at 00:23

    Your party made a pigs ear of it today in Westminister Stephen, they're antics was not only disrespectful to Angus Robertson but to the thousands of Glaswegians who want to know the truth about our council and what Labour knew and when.

    Pathetic really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, but a broken clock's right twice a day:-).

    He also predicted a March election and that the SNP would win Glenrothes. Hmmm.

    Anyway, congrats on your selection. Glad to see that the West Lothian Lib Dem Dream Team has been reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not the Messiah I have yet to watch PMQs from yesterday I will be catching up on iPlayer later. Once I get a chance I will make a comment. However, seeing as Nick himself was also drowned out similarly I hear not from the SNP benches but the Tories across the aisle I supsect it is most likely that those 'members mumbling' may have been to the right and not in front of Angus.

    Caron thank you, we are indeed the only party in West Lothian putting up the same slate of candidates this time around in both seats as 2005 (and for that I will even count the by election).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    I suggest you invest in comfy shoes, a warm coat and a flask. Lots of doors will be knocked I suspect.

    Oh, and needless to say, a PPC guest post is automatically offered if you so wish.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the other day when I did say 'yet' in regards to other parties taking up the option I was working through my guest posting idea in my head. You know just in case. ;)

    Jeff you have no idea how many pairs of comfy shoes I ruin in election years. So I reckon by the end of 2012 I may well be just walking around barefoot to save the bother.

    ReplyDelete