Wednesday 24 December 2008

T'was the Night Before Christmas

Well the afternoon at least, which is the Glenn household is cause for celebration as is also happens to be elder nephew's birthday. So I shall shortly be heading to the airport (which will be carbon offset) to attend to uncling duties tonight, to assist mother for the family feast tomorrow, well she has raised two sons who know how to cook and aim for the best.

I was all prepared to bus it into the airport but this morning got a text from Caron offering to give me lift. It will make a nice change getting a lift from Caron, not be "dumped" somewhere in the vicinity of Glenrothes to do some campaigning. Only thing I have to deliver this time are not focus leaflets but tidings of Christmas joy to my family.

I also appear to have started the Christmas joy in the stairwell. Having delivered my Marie Curie cards (in memory of Dad) I have so far received 2 out of the three is return in the ten minutes since, the other flat was empty when I chapped (Scots-English translation: knocked).

So like everyone else in the blogosphere expecting posting to be light for the next few days, although I am back at work Monday so it will be normal to be blogging then again at least.

So for those of you celebrating any of the holidays of this time of year have a Merry Christmas, a joyous Hanukkah, or to my Muslim readers a delayed blessed Eid ul-Adha but Happy New Year for the 29th.

1 comment:

  1. I want to make it clear to the campaigners amongst you that I did actually ask Stephen to deliver some leaflets but he was having none of it:-))

    Seriously, though, have a relaxing time with the family - you deserve a rest. It's great that you have the new laptop.

    ReplyDelete