Friday 3 October 2008

What has James Graham Got Against Linlithgow Loch.

James Graham has set up a Facebook group against big pictures in people's headers, citing my blog as one of his examples. Harping on about bandwidth etc, any other blogger writers will know that this pic unlike those in your posts do not have the size adjustment facilities as easily accessible.

Well I've found where I stored the pic and now am asking what should I do. So I've set up a new poll to ask you my readers what should I do about it.

Update: James has offered a peace offering which the blog is trying on for size, along with the colour changes to make the header readable again against different backgrounds.

BTW the results of my last poll on why Barack Obama used the phrase lipstick on a pig are in. You said he used it because:

It was about policy 50%
It was sexism 16%
It was a phrase that lipstick on a pitbull prompted from his subconscious 8%
Who cares they both use is as does a lot of the American media 25%

4 comments:

  1. Its better now Stephen. Its been something I've wondered about before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tend to see your header unless I click through to reply, because I read via feed syndication, but I'm with Malc, it's lots better now.

    FWIW, I think you were just the readiest example; there's lots of people do have huge headers, and it's one of the many reasons I use a feed reader, so I don't have to see them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm originally from Grangemouth and I always like to see the picture of Linlithgow Place (it's only 256 bytes).

    Your page is very slow to load, because you have too many other graphics !

    Download times for this page (http://linlithgow-libdems.blogspot.com/2008/10/what-has-james-graham-got-against.html):


    Connection Rate Download Time
    14.4K 182.43 seconds
    28.8K 94.31 seconds
    33.6K 81.73 seconds
    56K 51.52 seconds
    ISDN 128K 20.08 seconds
    T1 1.44Mbps 7.40 seconds

    For a 56K modem your page should load under 8 seconds.

    ReplyDelete