Friday 14 October 2011

Trip down my own memory lane

Was with mum in Easons in Bangor earlier when this display caught my eye. It was the second of Terrance Bowman's books, this time moving on a decade it is Bangor in the Seventies.

With over 500 pictures from The Spectator archives and reminiscences from people such as another Lib Dem from the town and the 1977 DUP Candidate for Ballyholme and Groomsport in the council elections. You may know them better as Lembit Öpik and Sammy Wilson.

But as I carried on flicking through the pictures I kept seeing the odd person I knew here and there. Some I knew at the time some I've met since. But then I turned to page 154 and saw myself staring out at me.

Here is the pic:

See if you can spot me.

The caption reads:

Grange Park Primary School entered a choir in the Belfast Music Festival for the first time in March 1978. The juniors enjoyed success, winning two trophies. The choir was conducted by John Ekin and accompanied by Ann Murphy. They are included with principal Frank R. Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment