Saturday 14 November 2009

I'm Back

I was in the middle of writing up a piece on prostate cancer, it is Movember after all, in the early hours of last Saturday morning when I suddenly lost all Internet connection. So despite being off all of last week I have been startling quiet.

Douglas Adams used to take extremely long baths, he claimed so that the good stuff came to him, others claimed that he was merely procrastinating. Well this morning I was taking a long soak in the bath when the postie turned up with my new dongle, so maybe there is something to that.

While that is the case my replacement mobile dongle is already proving to be sporadic in its performance and I keep flitting on and offline. I'm sat on the same sofa where I suddenly realised I had changed Scottish Parliamentary Region without moving so it may well be that something is seriously wrong with the 3 network coverage in my area. Of course they are denying that is the case but it would appear to be a more sensible suggestion, especially as my dongle had lit up.

Anyway it meant I had to watch last weeks Strictly Come Dancing and X-Factor in Twitter silence. I also had to watch the results from the Glasgow North East by election with only BBC and STV for company, in the end I stuck more with the STV coverage as it seemed more interesting and diverse than Brian Taylor et al could manage on the BBC.

Tonight though I'll be heading over to Caron's for a veritable smorgasbord of television a Brucie-less Strictly (get well soon Mr Forsyth), Sky-plussed X-Factor, then The Thick of It. All served up with a Chicken Curry, I mean how could I say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment