Wednesday 17 December 2008

Hallelujah

While I consider going home tonight an putting on my CD of Hallelujah: A Soulful Celebration which is an excellent take on Handel not Leonard Cohen I see that the Steamie is telling us about Hamish MacDonnell - Labour's Boy Band. So I thought I'd look for an alternative group from the MSPs based purely on them appearing in various song titles.

Fergus Sings the Blues - Deacon Blue


Has to be Fergus Ewing SNP for Inverness East, Nairn and Lochaber

Angela - Motley Crue


Angela Constance SNP for Livingston

Jackie - Placebo


Jackie Ballie Labour MSP for Dumbarton.

Need to keep up this cross party representation obviously so...

Jamie - Weezer

Gives us Jamie McGrigor, the Tory from the Highlands and Islands list.
Papa was a Rollin' Stone - The Temptations

Brings in the Lib Dem's very own Jamie Stone, Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross.

Getting a bit festive next.

Rockin' Robin - The Jackson Five


Has to be the eponymous Robin Harper, Green list member for the Lothian.

I have no idea how this lot would get on as band mates but it gets you thinking doesn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment