Tuesday 9 September 2008

Scottish Tory Boy's Long Lost Weekend

Yeah last Wesdnesday he told us he was taking a break but now he's back looks like a long, lost weekend to me.

Here is my ode (the radio version) to STB, apologies to Lloyd Cole and his excellent Lost Weekend.

It took a long weekend in a flat in Edinburgh
Staring in space in a single room
And the sickest joke was the price of the laptop
Are you blogging at me now may I please blog along with you

This morning I woke up from a deep unquiet sleep
With ashtray clothes and missed my laptops screen
With which I wrote for you top ten Scottish blog
Upon my screen 'twas stolen from me when I logged off from you

You see I, I wouldnt blog it if I didnt mean it
Google me, I'll fall to pieces too easily
I was a STB with a head full of blog ideas
Wrote my heart on my blog like a stain
My aim was to inform you
Could we meet in the parliament
Did I ever hey please did you link to me
You see I, I wouldnt blog it if I didnt mean it

Google me, I'll fall to pieces
Yes it's too easy and theres nobody else to blame
Will I hang my head in a crying shame
There is nobody else to blame nobody else except my sweet self

Again it took a long weekend in a flat in Edinburgh
Twenty four gone years to conclude in tears
That the sickest joke was the price of the laptop
Are you blogging at me now
May I please blog along

I was STB with a head full of blog ideas
And unashamed wrote my blog with Tory ideals
And your STB was a link upon your blog
You linked to me when I linked to you
You see I, I wouldnt blog it if I didnt mean it
Dropped out me just needed to blog again you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment