Monday 13 March 2006

Go Sledging On Devine

Well with the weekend blizzards and snowdrifts clearing it was not as bad getting to the bus stop as it was getting to the shop for the papers yesterday morning. However, I came into work today wearing my hiking boots, as there are reports of more snow this afternoon and I need to get back to my flat.

One upshot appears to be one more Jim Devine election poster has finally come down. This one was stationed opposite the exit from St. John's hospital and was present on Friday only about 2 feet off the ground. I can only surmise that either the blizzard conditions whipped it off this lamppost or, what is probably more likely, it was requisitioned by resourceful young people for use as a sledge. I just hope they had a good time sledging on that oversized election poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment