Friday 12 February 2010

Six Nations Week Two Predictions

Last week Malcand me were both 100% on the results but he has the edge on points difference. For Ireland v Italy he was 7 points away to my 14, England v Wales 8 to my 10 but for Scotland v France I was only 8 points off, edging his 9. Those are cumulative differences from the actual scores of both teams giving him a 24 to 32 lead.

So on with this week.

France 20 -24 Ireland
Wales 21-10 Scotland
Italy 13-34
England




Game one is in Paris and may well be seen as the Championship decider. Ireland are still unbeaten since 2008. But O'Gara is being retained ahead of the fit again John Sexton, who to me looks as good as O'Gara, just a few years back rather than the one of today. France are without Aurelien Rougerie and Benjamin Fall after injuries they sustained at Murrayfield. However, I think the French scrum half Morgan Parra may have just given added incentive for the French to win in Paris for only the third time since 1952, by calling them cheats. Has he forgotten which player on the same park 'cheated' in the two nations meeting in football.

Wales take on Scotland in Cardiff and I'm sorry to say to the Scots but I don't think the Welsh will be giving away 10 minutes of sin binning a crucial player at the crunch time again. They were almost ready to dominate England last weekend, while the Scots failed to cut out the errors that gave the French the came just down the track from me here. Wales will win this with ease I feel never being troubled by the Scots, even with Euan Murray back for this 'Saturday' game.

On Valentines Day the English won't be wasting any love on their hosts in Rome. I don't think the English will take their foot off the pedal in the second half as the Irish appeared to last week, so I may well have underestimated the score line here. England to win setting up the next game to decide the championship if I'm right all weekend at Twickenham in a fortnight's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment