Thursday 9 June 2011

Artful Thursday 3 - Dali

I love the art of Salvador Dali, there is always some thing to look at, something to make you think.

One of my exes some time ago told me that this first piece was their favourite painting. Well that was one easy birthday present to purchase a print and a frame. It is one of Dali's surreal images that has rather a lot going on that repeated veiwings show new things. Here is Swans Reflecting Elephants.


One of his later works that strikes accord is Fertility  from 1977 which simplistically encapsulates all that fertility means to human life and our planet.


As anyone who knows me will attest I am a stickler for time keeping, at least when I am trying to get somewhere by myself. Therefore the image from Dali's Persistance of Time with the melted clocks would probably be my worst nightmare.


Enjoy there is more coming next Thursday.

1 comment: