Monday 30 January 2006

Dear Stephen - Dear Ming

I have just been emailed by Sir Menzies Campbell asking for my support in his leadership campaign. Heaven knows why none of his team pointed out that I was unsuitable for such an approach especially as some of his most loyal Fife Lieutentants not only know where I stand but also know that I am not for turning from Simon.

Anyway I'll not diclose the contents of the email nor of my response. Suffice to say both letters were courteous and I respectfully turned down the offer to be a public supporter on a second of the leadership candidate's websites.

The fact that Chris Huhne has not contacted me I may put down to the fact that Chris has one of the most IT knowledge backed campaigns of the three candidates. He team might well realise that the Irish spelling of Glenn is rare enough in the party, let alone West Lothian. So any connection between a party office holder and blogger with that surname is purely down to the fact that like Tigger I'm the only one.

1 comment:

  1. I had a phone call from Simon's team on Saturday asking for my support (not entirely sure where they got my number, but could have been on record from his presidential campaign). Needless to say, I had to disappoint them, although I've yet to decide where my second pref is going.

    ReplyDelete