Tuesday 13 May 2008

Do Labour Need Me to Carry Around Half an ID Card?

A little worrying the tack that Labour's ID Card policy is taking down in Crewe and Nantwich. Especially it would seem the requirement of foreigners to be required to carry them.



Now to the best of my knowledge that requirement was lifted before the end of World War II as soon as Churchill, who hated the whole idea of internment etc could do so. It also hasn't been part of Labour's published plans thus far. Yeah their literature in Crewe and Nantwich is making them sound more like the BNP, with anti-foreigner sentiment by the day.

Now I'm in a dilemma by a quick of grandparentage, well actually my own birth also qualified me, I actually do have two citizenships British and Irish. I do sometime travel on the Irish passport, usually when it is easier considering the history of my British passport's travels. So say on one of those trips I'm returning on my Irish passport as a 'foreigner' on that occasion would I be required to carry an ID card at least until I can reattached to my UK passport?

What about those I work with? I work in an international call centre business are my co-workers many of them from other EU countries going to have to start carrying their ID cards to work? Are there going to b e spot checks on this large concentration of foreign workers? If they are found not be carrying them are they going to shipped of on the short trip to Edinburgh Airport and deported? Well MR Brown what is going on, we want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment