However, having checked the list I'm rather disappointed.
Politician of the Year:
- 2006 Baroness Ashton Labour
- 2007 Alan Johnson Labour
- 2008 Lord Waheed Alli Labour
- 2009 Ben Bradshaw Labour
- 2010 John Bercow then Speaker but previously Conservative
- 2011Chris Bryant Labour
- 2012 Ruth Davidson Conservative
- 2013 Baroness Stowell Conservative and Yvette Cooper Labour
So while they do nominate Lib Dems, their so called independent panel have failed to recognise all the advances in LGBT equality that are only possible as a result of Lib Dem involvement in the process. In the year that
Their attitude to this issue differs radically from Attitude magazine who for their politician of the year award honoured "Every MP who voted for Equal Marriage" recognising initially the leadership of Stephen Gilbert (Lib Dem), Nick Herbert (Conservative) and Chris Bryant. Their citation also mentions David Cameron and Lord Waheed Ali, but it goes to all 366 MPs who voted in favour.